Basic Introduction To Roads and Signs in Israel:
Basic introduction to road and sign in Israel includes an introduction about basic road signs with pictures in Hebrew, Arabic, and English. This article includes three basic parts. The first part gives an introduction to roads in Israel, second part gives an introduction about languages on road in Israel and last and third part includes information about the signs on road in Israel.
Roads in Israel:
Roads in Israel are categorized into following four types:
- National Roads (National roads are numbered with one digit. Common examples for national roads are Route 1, Jerusalem – Tel Aviv).
- Inter-City Roads (These roads are numbered with two digits. Common examples is Highway 10 (Israel) – Route 10).
- Regional Roads (These roads numbered with three digits e.g. Route 293).
- Local Roads (Local roads are numbered with four digits e.g. Route 8900, Safed-Rosh Pina).
Road Languages in Israel:
There are three basic languages you will find on road.
The stop sign, however, instead of displaying words in three languages, conveys its meaning through the depiction of a raised hand.
Road Signs in Israel:
There are three usual types of signs in Israel.
- Road Signs giving warning.
- Road Signs giving orders.
- Road Signs giving information.